What I Want Wants Me



Every morning I set aside at least 30 minutes for quiet thought and meditation, I have been doing this practise for so long now that my mind and body urges me to sit, focus on my breathe and be enveloped in quiet meditation.

I cherish this routine as it has provided a gateway into knowing myself better and to strengthen my focus on what is important to me.  The time out has helped me to limit the feelings of urgency, haste, confusion, doubt and build on the thoughts of safety, assuredness, direction.

So many benefits from doing this simple daily exercise and one benefit I want to touch on today is the friendship you develop with your inner wisdom.

Let's say you are ready to set up your goals, yet the patterns of procrastination and limiting beliefs in who you are and what you can do are a minefield to making your goals happen.  You think it is an easier path to invent excuses and apportion blame.  This small thinking is not the safe option, actually it is the more dangerous as you gradually separate more from your true identity and your inner calling.

What if you gave yourself ten minutes a day to not push or pull, to just sit and listen to your breathing?  So simple.

When you quieten your mind and close the door on the chatter, you enter into a friendship with your inner wisdom.  At first, it is awkward but when you persist, you become more acquainted, you trust yourself more and there is no space for rebukes, judgement and criticism.  The resistance is known yet not an excuse anymore.

Find your best time for 10 minutes, explore what other ways you can do to develop your friendship with your inner wisdom.  Soon finding the time is no longer an issue and you will expand your determination and focus for what is good for you.


You will reside in a place where you know that what I want, wants me and what I seek, seeks me.




No comments:

Post a Comment