Smashing the Obstacles

With all the self help books and well meaning guides, and all those positive affirming statements you soak in every day, that you would think okay now it is going to get easier.  My life will follow the easy path of peace and strength.  Then along comes something that just tests all your resolve and resilience.  It kicks you hard and you are searching for strength.


How do you handle life when there is uncertainty and obstacles in your way?

Right now, this is where I am at....and it is totally shitty!

I trust I did all that I could do..Yes I followed my intuition....tick
yes, I did the planning, did the work...tick
yes, I soaked up the positive law of attraction mantras....tick

Yet, here I am...the obstacles keep coming and I am worn out.

There is a spark of light still flickering inside me.  Like an ember if I gently breathe more life into this spark I can smash these obstacles.  I want to fan that flame inside me.

I am using these tips to help me through this time, I hope it is also of use to you.

1. Soak up the energy that you get from the familiar. It is the everyday routine that keeps you sane.
Stress has a way of keeping you stuck and inert.  I find the routine of my day helps me focus on staying in the moment rather than that quick trip to a future that, and if you let it, your imagination can make it look very scary. It is one of the more difficult things to do, to stay in the moment, yet doing the shopping, making the bed, cleaning the floor...all these jobs you have to do are a blessing when feeling overwhelmed.


2. Do the things that you can control and what you can influence.  Less mind training and more action.  Trust your inner wisdom to do its thing and go on autopilot. Action opens up optimism, ideas and resilience.

3. I find a shower with the water washing over my head is a cleansing for the soul.  Perhaps a few tears are in the wash, as well.  That's ok.  Sometimes, a song will come to me and there I am in the shower singing out loud.  The shower is a great place to exercise all the emotions you are feeling.  Yes a great cathartic experience.

4. Write it all down. Spill out everything that is bothering you, what is happening, why it is happening, how you are feeling....spill it all out. Burn it.  If I keep it bottled in, the obstacles just keep running around in my mind like some vortex to bring me down.  This way, it is out of me, it now has physical form and I can get rid of it.



One day I may look back and know that this difficult time has passed, it is now just a story. Another story to be told that the Universe has my back.  Obstacles, challenges, mountains whatever you want to call them, they do exist and I choose to be a conqueror.  The act of writing this has lifted my spirits and my thinking.  I can affirm All is Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment