Tools and Resources I depend on

The tools and resources I depend on for designing my life..this is not absolutely everything. It is not a  full comprehensive digest, now that would take pages....but what I have here, has made a difference to the quality and design of my life.

I start at the basics and make sure I factor in the tools and resources to strengthen the 4 aspects of health...the physical aspect which is about sleep, fitness, nutrition and meditation; healthy emotions; positive mindset and spiritual nurture.

I figure when I pay attention to these 4 aspects, I stay on focus and feel great.

I start the day with exercise and the exercise needs to be fun and keep me interested. Dancing, Xbox Kinetics, long hikes, surfing...you get the idea - fun is the key for me.  We all need to keep moving and get outside.

The everyday must do essential is Yoga & Meditation (Y&M)  to get the mind and body alert and moving.  An hour of Y&M sets me up for the day and once a week I fit in a half day class of Y&M.

Keeping a journal may not be for everyone and I have no strict system here, my main purpose is to write the thoughts I have for leading my life, the private ramblings are about the why for my goals and my observations on my life's gratitude and appreciation.

For me, journalling is the secret pages on past, present and future.  You just can't keep it all bottled up, swirling around endlessly, get it down on paper, or on audio..any tool to help self expression.  Your words are a powerful tool to direct your thoughts.   The audio tool on smartphone is great to use and the bonus is you can talk on the morning walk.

This leads me to the writers, the bloggers, the book authors, the philosophers, the coaches and mentors who are a source of inspiration, information and knowledge to me. I seek out people who stimulate my mind with concepts that challenge and help me to grow.  The web is everyone's resource and it is also my resource playground and the connections multiply, leading me from one concept to the next as part of my research. I keep a timer, just in case I spend too much time looking at the screen...need those mini breaks.

You just can't get too much of the skills, tools and resources for feeding a positive belief.
Your mindset is your strongest foundation for success & the best way to use any tool or a resource is to learn and "pass it on".  Don't keep it to yourself, when you are encouraged, who can you encourage?  When you receive kindness, pass on the kindness. You get stuck if you just keep learning and gathering and holding on.  The best way to use a resource is make it practical, what does it mean for you....put it into action and pass it on.

The critical friends...everybody needs them. The friends you have to bounce off ideas, learn from each other...no matter how outrageous, your friends will listen to understand and give you the space and honest feedback you need. I depend on hearing a friends's point of view and a perspective from their experiences.

Now to the technical...the process, the systems, the strategy, the plans that bring alive all the basics and inside work.  Putting the plans into action means your resourcefulness now has an opportunity to show off.


Here are 10 tools/resources I use:



1. Set monthly challenges.  I use this to break into some new habits, especially those that are part of my goals. Integrating habits into goals helps the goals to stick.

2. When I want to be really clear on what I want to go for, the easiest thing to do is use a piece of paper with a line in the middle...one side I will list what I don't want and on the other side what do I want instead. the list give you a lot more clarity.

3. I need a whiteboard and sticky notes. This helps me get strategic in my planning, the big picture mind map & the sticky notes I use for keywords that keep me focussed on my purpose.

4. Smartphone reminders. I can use my time in the best way and get the right things done when I set reminders on my phone.

5. 1 x 5 x 5 priorities.  Take 1 goal, then 5 actions for the goal, then 5 steps for each action.  It is the small steps that will make the big difference.

6. I read a book a week. I write a summary so it is then an easy reference.

7. I use pin interest, evernote, bookmarks and reading list for clipping resources and references to reinforce my goals. Don't just be a collector, factor in a 15 minute weekly review of these clippings. Keep what you will use and delete the rest.

8. Subscribe to bloggers and other writers that will benefit your learning.

9. Listen to music that feeds your soul and brings you joy.

10. Practise the art of visualisation for your goals, morning is best for me.

Just a few Blogs and Authors

http://www.daniellelaporte.com/thedesiremap/

http://www.drwaynedyer.com

https://www.goalmappingonline.com

http://www.learnmindpower.com

Many, many more bloggers who offer their creative and intuitive talents through social media.

Authors: William Glasser, Daniel Goleman, Dr Bruce Lipton,  Dr John Kehoe, Simon Sinek, Viktor Frankl, Napoleon Hill, Carl Jung......and so many more. We are very rich to have many wonderful insightful researched writers who help us to design our best life.


Unlock your best future

My words are centred in the desire and intention to help people bring about their best and connect to their best future.
http://isucceed.info

No comments:

Post a Comment